About Me

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I am a wife, mother and a Christian. I have a loving husband, Chris and four, handsome, and active boys. We are so very blessed with a wonderful family. We are even more blessed with our Christian family. God has truly smiled on our family. We are growing in His love daily.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Marathon!!!

Chris and I decided to complete a 1/2 marathon. We did the marathon of our friends, Neil and Kathryn. They are adopting and all the proceeds went to their fund. I trained a lot with Lauren and Kristen. We met 2-3 times a week to walk. Chris and Troy were a little less consistent with their training. However, it all worked out. We really didn't know what to expect the morning of but the weather was nice and we were ready! We only had one small hiccup in our plans. Lauren and I lost Kristen..... I guess we didn't lose her since we never found her at the start of the marathon. We waited for 11 minutes after the start in hopes of finding her. Once we started, we kept looking. We did find some other friends, and they informed up that our friend, Kristen was ahead of us. Well that lit a fire for Lauren and I! We were on a mission to catch our friend. At about mile 7 we found her!!! We were so excited. The excitement died off and we were left with more miles to walk. We had heard that if you can walk 9-10 miles the adrenaline with carry you through the rest of the marathon. Those people lied to us. We felt the adrenaline kick in when we saw the finish line and we realized out husbands had moved the cars closer so we did not have to walk to far. It was worth it. The marathon helped foster relationships with Lauren, Kristen and I. I am truly blessed to have these women in my life. Our finish time for the marathon was 3 hours 19 minutes. The boys finished in 2 hours 3 minutes.

Lauren and I walking to find Kristen!!! We were women on a mission! 

We found her! This was about the half way point! 

So close to the finish line! 

We made it!!!! 

Chris running! Yes it rained on us during the marathon!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment