About Me

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I am a wife, mother and a Christian. I have a loving husband, Chris and four, handsome, and active boys. We are so very blessed with a wonderful family. We are even more blessed with our Christian family. God has truly smiled on our family. We are growing in His love daily.

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Oh Thanksgiving! We have a love hate relationship. I love to cook and bake but I hate all the dishes. Let me tell you three days of baking and cooking makes for lots of dishes. I cooked and baked a lot this Thanksgiving. I made so much food. I know I should have taken more pictures but I was very busy cooking up a storm. This year I brined the turkey. I had never used this method before. It has always scared me off. However, once I heard Lauren was doing and her turkey turned out beautifully, I just had to try it too! Let me tell you, it was amazing. By far the best turkey I ever made! Here is the menu from Thanksgiving:
Turkey with gravy
Mashed Potatoes
Rolls
Cranberry Sauce
Corn Casserole
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole
Broccoli Rice Casserole - made by Ashley
Now for the desserts
Marble Cheesecake
White Chocolate Pumpkin Cake Balls
This was the first year Liam was able to watch the parade. Last year he was too young and would not sit still for parade. This year he loved it. He called it the balloon parade. His favorite part was Santa coming down at the end! 


This is the only picture of food I have. 


Liam and Chris watching football

Chris taught Liam how to Tebow! I pray that one day Liam will continually show is faith in God through his daily life and actions. 

Chris and the turkey! This was about the 10th picture I took. He was kinda annoyed at my picture taking! 

We are so blessed to have a wonderful family and friends. This was a hard year. After the loss of Pete, we knew the first holiday would be hard. I am so thankful that on this day we remembered the good times and all the wonderful things about Pete! It was a great day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment