About Me

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I am a wife, mother and a Christian. I have a loving husband, Chris and four, handsome, and active boys. We are so very blessed with a wonderful family. We are even more blessed with our Christian family. God has truly smiled on our family. We are growing in His love daily.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Austin Trip

Chris and I were very lucky to be able to get away for a night. Chris and I left during nap time. Our friend Evan, watched Liam for us until Seamus was able to get out of work. Seamus, Pete and Cathy all helped with Liam. Liam was a trooper and did well.

Chris and I were off on an adventure to Austin. We really enjoyed all the wonderful quiet time in the car. I was even more excited to find a Steak n Shake just outside of Austin. But we were on a mission.............. Gourdough's donuts! We have heard so much about these donuts. We just had to put them on out must to do list!

AMAZING!!!!!!

We stopped off at Gourdough's for our round of amazing, melt in your mouth, more calories than one person should take in a day, donuts! 

 Mama's cake - homemade donut with cake batter filling with fudge icing! 

Flying pig - homemade donut with maple icing with bacon!

Chris and I loved our donuts so much we decided that we had to go back the next day for more. After our donut run we checked into our hotel room. We had a wonderful hotel and room at the Domaine in Austin. Chris and I able to go see a movie and eat a nice dinner. We truly enjoyed all quality time together. We were not much for staying up late. We were in bed and sound asleep by 1030pm. We did enjoy sleeping in! 

We had an amazing, late breakfast and we were off to do some shopping. Chris needed a new pair of sneakers and I got some new sandals! We also found a book store that was going out of business and we were able to get some great deals on books. I do love my books! 

After all the walking, we just had to stop and get some more donuts! 

Mother clucker - Homemade donut with honey butter and chicken tenders!

Pudding  with bacon - homemade donut with banana pudding filling, covered in more pudding, bananas, and nilla waffers...... Chris added bacon to his! 

With my first donut! 

ordering donuts! 









No comments:

Post a Comment