About Me

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I am a wife, mother and a Christian. I have a loving husband, Chris and four, handsome, and active boys. We are so very blessed with a wonderful family. We are even more blessed with our Christian family. God has truly smiled on our family. We are growing in His love daily.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

Chris and I celebrated our six year anniversary with a weekend away. We were both so looking forward to the time together. I was a little worried to leave my Liam but he did great. Our friend Tina from Church watched him Friday during the day. He was so excited to play with Tina and go to McDonald's! Cathy and Pete took over in the evening and on Saturday! He was so spoiled by all those around him! Chris and I are so blessed to have such amazing support from our family and friends!

We started our weekend with an amazing breakfast at the Guenther House! It was beautiful and the food was amazing! As you will see we ate a lot of food. We also used Groupon for all of our outings. I know we are a frugal couple.

My breakfast! Biscuits & gravy, bacon, and fruit! Amazing! 

Chris' breakfast... Bacon, egg & cheese taco and Potato, egg, and cheese! 

Us! 

This was the pool at the B&B!!!! AMAZING!!!!! We spent every spare moment in this pool. We loved it! We want on just like it....... one day! 


We had lunch at the Madhatter's Tea house. It was around the corner from the B&B. 
Turkey sandwich with a caesar salad. 


Chris had a burger


Dinner that night was at the Boehlers. I was not to sure about this place since it is leaning to one direction. 
Outside the restaurant! 

Our appetizer was chicken and spinach quesadillas. 

I ordered the jalapeno fried chicken with mashed potatoes. It was so very good! 

Chris ordered the coconut jumbo shrimp. 


After dinner we went to the comedy club downtown. We had a good time. The comics were okay. The good thing was it was a Groupon. I told you, we used a lot of Groupons for the weekend.

The next day was our actual anniversary. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast at the B&B. It was so good. I was still so stuffed from all the food on Friday. Chris and I then went for a dip in the pool until our movie started at the Alamo draft house. Yes this was a Groupon too. After our lunch and movie, we browed Borders. Since they were closing, we thought we could get some good deals. We found a few. We got Liam a new cars hat, some books and small toy. The toy was his surprise for 3 days of no potty training accidents. That is a whole new post. After some book shopping, we went back to the pool. I am telling this pool was amazing and relaxing.

Chris and I decided on a last minute Groupon for dinner. There are no pictures of the food because it was not that great. I was mostly in love with the mac and cheese that was  side dish for Chris. The food was subpar and service was so very slow that our entire meal was comped. So now we have to go back since we have a Groupon. We are in no rush to go back.

Us after dinner. 

It was a great weekend away! We completely enjoyed every minute together. The best part was we did have to really worry about Liam. We knew he was in good hands! Thanks to everyone who helped us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment