About Me

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I am a wife, mother and a Christian. I have a loving husband, Chris and four, handsome, and active boys. We are so very blessed with a wonderful family. We are even more blessed with our Christian family. God has truly smiled on our family. We are growing in His love daily.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Ladies Retreat and My Birthday

This year's ladies retreat was in Marble falls. It also happened to fall on my 30th birthday. Since I was in charge of get to know you games, I had to be there. I wanted to be there. I got to spend my birthday with some of the most amazing ladies I know. All these women have impacted my life in one way or another. I love them all. I was super excited to spending the weekend with them. Plus I planed some fantastic games to play! I was minding my own business getting ready for games when my friends surprised me!  I have some of the most amazing friends. Lauren put together a box of my favorite things. She got gifts from all my friends and placed them in this big box. Ashley made some homemade cotton candy. 

Completely surprised! 

 
I was so overwhelmed with love! 

My friends truly made my day special! 

There was so much stuff that I love in this box. My friends know what I love! 

I think I had 3 pounds of red vines, 1 pound of red twizzlers, 2 pounds of black licorice, peeps, cotton candy, honey mustard pretzels, chocolate covered cherries, thin mints, grasshopper cookies, shamrock socks, pink nail polish, sparkly pink necklace, pink sparkly coffee mug, shamrock cup, a book, k-cups, and a deep fryer. There was more in there but I can't remember it all. Looking at this, one would think I eat a ton of junk food! 

My friends truly made me feel loved and special that day. I will always remember my 30th birthday because each friend made me feel so blessed. 

Now onto the games!!!!! 


Chris helped me pick some fun minute to win it games for our retreat. I didn't want to do just get to know you games, so I was determined to make it super fun and involved. I was also determined to make all ages participate!!!! I didn't just want the young ones up there stealing all the fun. 


I am pretty sure this is cookie face. They had to get an oreo from their forehead to their moth without using their hands. 

Missy won! She learned at ladies retreat that she has a new talent! 

We also played the purse game, sticky situation, marshmallow toss and cookie stack. We did some get to know you games and everyone had fun! I really enjoyed this fellowship time with all my ladies. 

After the retreat, we shopped marble falls and enjoyed the Blue Bonnet Cafe. This place is known for their pie!!!!! 

All of us ladies after some much needed pie! 

After pie, Lauren, Kristen, Stacia and I headed back to San Antonio for one more night with our the kids. We got a hotel room and stayed up late talking and laughing. It is always a fun time with the girls. 

My birthday weekend conclude with lunch at Raising Cane's and new pots and pans form the hubby! 




1 comment:

  1. That was an amazing birthday box! You did an excellent job with the games. So fun!

    ReplyDelete