About Me

My photo
San Antonio, TX, United States
I am a wife, mother and a Christian. I have a loving husband, Chris and four, handsome, and active boys. We are so very blessed with a wonderful family. We are even more blessed with our Christian family. God has truly smiled on our family. We are growing in His love daily.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Liam's 4th Birthday

After a quick switch at the hospital with Chris, I came home to plan Liam's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle party. Let me tell you, I had not slept in days so my first stop was the coffee maker. Do to lack of sleep and prep time, I decided to forego the homemade from scratch cake Liam wanted. Thankfully, Liam was easy to please with a box funfetti cake mix. I was a tornado of caffeinated energy. I cooked, I cleaned, I made gift bags and finished ninja masks. It was crazy. However, completely worth every every moment to see that smile on his face when all his friends arrived!


See these little Ninja Turtles. Chris worked on them 2 weeks. 

They are amazing. Chris did a wonderful job. 

I made all these ninja masks. We had one for each ninja turtle


Chris made it home with Eli just before the party started. Liam was so happy to see his brother. However, we had to keep Eli away from everyone. (mostly kids)

Liam requested a Donatello cake. 

The food.....gold fish, lime jello as Ooze, pretzel sticks as Donatello's Bo Staff, and fried pickles as fried turtle shells. 

Liam was so excited to have Cater at his party! He just loves the Bassham family. 

We did lots of playing outside. I didn't have anytime to plan party games. Liam just wanted to play with Carter. He loved that Carter would push him on the swing. Next came cake! 


Here come the cake. It took lots of work to get the candle to stay lit! 

Liam really wanted Carter to help him blow out the candles. 

At this point Liam said he wasn't feeling well. I thought he was just hot and hungry from playing so much. He refused to eat his cake and pizza. This is nothing new so I didn't pay much attention to it. He perked up for presents. 

Again Liam really wanted Carter to help him. I am so glad Carter is so patient and loving towards Liam. He was a trooper for dealing with kids much younger than himself. 

Legos from Uncle Amu and Aunt Blaire!!! 

Ninja Turtle rocket! What is not to love. 


Shortly after this, Lauren noticed that Liam wasn't looking great and said he felt hot. So I busted out the thermometer and sure enough 101!I had not been feeling super great that day either but I chalked it up to no sleep, to much coffee and not enough food. Chris really didn't feel well and spent most the party in bed.  Well, after everyone left we were all hit with the stomach bug. Yep! Happy Birthday Liam so we were all sick. We all spent Liam's actual birthday on the sofa watching movies and trying to recover. Thankfully come Monday, we were all 100%. Monday was Chris' first day of class for PA school. 

I still can't believe my little boy is 4! He is a great helper and wonderful son. He has a great imagination and is kind and loving. I can't wait to see what next year brings! 





No comments:

Post a Comment